February is the month we celebrate our love and affection for the people in our lives. It’s also a time we can focus on boosting self-confidence and rediscovering our love for ourselves with cosmetic dentistry.
When you’re embarrassed to smile, it’s difficult to embrace yourself fully. Your grin is one of the first things people see when they meet you. Damaged, worn-down, discolored, or crooked pearly whites can make you avoid social situations and appear self-conscious or hesitant in job interviews.
At Uptown Dental Associates of Albuquerque, NM, we offer the cosmetic dentistry procedures that will transform your teeth and make you love your smile once again. Call 505-407-8781 to book a consultation.
A Hollywood Smile
Created in Los Angeles to make movie stars’ teeth look flawless on screen, dental veneers remain popular with celebrities and non-famous people alike. A veneer is a thin, tooth-colored shell that is bonded to the front of a tooth, covering chips, stains, gaps, and even minor alignment problems. You can get them for one tooth or use them to transform your entire smile. At Uptown Dental Associates, we offer several types of veneers.
- Traditional porcelain veneers reflect light just like your natural teeth.
- e.max veneers are constructed out of ceramic and are extremely durable and natural-looking.
- Lumineers are a type of ultra-thin porcelain veneer requiring little to no tooth prep and generally only two dental visits. Nevertheless, they are durable, lasting up to twenty years with good care.
A Whiter, Brighter Smile
We offer LUMIBRITE at-home teeth whitening. This product combines the effectiveness and supervision of a professional product with the convenience of whitening at home on your own time.
If you’ve tried over-the-counter kits, you may have discovered they just don’t work that well. The LUMIBRITE system uses a higher concentration of active ingredient and custom trays that fit your mouth perfectly. This ensures the solution covers teeth evenly and doesn’t touch your sensitive gums.
If you are a regular patient, you can benefit from our Lifetime Whitening Program. For $149, we will provide you with custom whitening trays, and give you a tube of gel at your regular checkups every six months.
A Beautiful Gumline
If your gumline is uneven or you have a “gummy smile” (meaning your gums appear too prominent), you are a candidate for gum reshaping. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia using our state-of-the-art NV Pro 3 dental laser. We will painlessly remove small amounts of tissue to give you an even gumline and a perfectly proportioned smile. Laser gum treatments are fast to heal and require no scalpels or sutures.
A Perfect Smile in a Snap
No dental work. Just gorgeous teeth. Snap-On Smile is a full arch of artificial teeth that fits right over your real teeth, covering stains, chips, gaps, and a host of other imperfections. No alteration of your real teeth is required. Your prosthetic is custom crafted using impressions of your mouth, so it fits perfectly and is totally comfortable to wear. Made from a special dental resin, it is thin, strong, and natural looking. You can even eat and drink while wearing your Snap-On Smile!
Straighter Teeth Invisibly
Maybe you’ve always had crooked teeth, but weren’t able to get braces as a teenager. Or perhaps your teeth shifted in adulthood. Regardless, awkward metal braces are not an appealing option to most grownups.
At Uptown Dental Associates, we offer Invisalign, an orthodontic system that works its magic practically invisibly. Rather than using metal brackets and wires that are attached to your teeth and visible every time you smile, Invisalign uses a progression of custom-made clear plastic aligners that gently move your teeth into the desired position. The system has a number of benefits over traditional orthodontics:
- Comfortable. It does not require periodic tightening like braces, and it is molded from soft plastic. There are no sharp metal pieces to poke the inside of your mouth.
- Removable. While you should wear your aligners for 22 hours per day, you can remove them for eating (no food restrictions — yay!) and for cleaning your teeth. Just brush and floss thoroughly like you always do, and you’re good.
- Practically invisible. Most people will not even notice the aligner on your teeth.
- Quick. Treatment time will vary from patient to patient, of course, but the aligners generally work much more quickly than braces.
If you have multiple complaints about your smile, we can create a custom smile makeover plan using a combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Book an appointment with Uptown Dental Associates of Albuquerque, NM today. You may contact us online or call our office at 505-407-8781.