Are your damaged teeth killing your confidence? Do you try to hide your missing teeth behind closed lips when posing for the camera? If you’re looking for strong, beautiful tooth replacement options, call Uptown Dental Associates at (505)407-8781 for dental implants. At our Albuquerque, NM dentist office, Dr. Ryan Shepherd, Dr. Marc McRae, and our team of dental professionals can restore your beautiful smile and your oral function with several restorative dentistry options!
The Many Advantages Of Dental Implants
When it comes to replacing your teeth, you can’t do much better than dental implants. Because dental implants literally fuse with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration, they provide a strong foundation for a variety of restorations. Here are some of the other benefits of dental implants:
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime!
- Bite strength: Dental implants provide up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth!
- Prevention of bone loss: Because they replace your natural tooth roots, dental implants prevent bone loss in your jaw, helping you maintain your youthful glow
- Convincing tooth replacements: Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth!
- No preparation of surrounding teeth required: With dental implants, we can focus on your teeth that need to be replaced and maintain the healthy structure of your adjacent teeth!
Your Dental Implant Options
Whether you need to replace one problem tooth or you need a whole new set of pearly whites, we can help at Uptown Dental Associates!
If you need a single tooth replaced, we can restore your dental implant with a dental crown.
For those that have gaps in their smiles, we can provide fixed dental bridges attached to dental implants. Unlike traditional dental bridges, these fixed bridges do not require any preparation of your surrounding teeth. Dental bridges can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth that are adjacent to each other.
We also offer options to replace every tooth in your mouth. The All-on-4® dental implant method allows us to replace an entire arch of teeth using just four dental implants! We also provide options for dental implant dentures if you’d like a whole new set of chompers!
If you have a severely damaged tooth that needs to be extracted, we can even place a dental implant in the same visit!
What To Expect When You Get Dental Implants
When you visit our office for dental implants, the first thing we’ll do is make sure you are comfortable. We will:
- Carefully plan your procedure using advanced dental technology
- Numb the area so you won’t feel a thing
- Precisely place your dental implants
Following a healing period, we will then attach your dental restorations and complete your beautiful smile!
So you know exactly what to expect, we will explain every step of your treatment before we begin.
If you have been told by another dentist that your jawbone is not dense enough for dental implants, we offer second opinions free of charge! We may even be able to thicken your jawbone and prepare it for a dental implant using a gum graft procedure!
Comfort Options, Dental Sedation
To help you relax, we offer several items to make your visit more pleasant, including:
- Cozy pillows
- Warm blankets
- Headphones with your favorite music
We can also provide extended appointments so you won’t feel rushed!
Our office itself will also help put you at ease! Most of our care rooms have a tranquil view of our courtyard and fountain. Or, if you’d prefer, we can also offer private care rooms.
If all that isn’t enough to make you comfortable, we can also help relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation options, including:
- Nitrous oxide, more commonly known as “laughing gas,” is a gas you inhale through a small mask.
- Oral conscious sedation, prescribed during an initial consultation, is a pill you take before your visit so you can arrive fully relaxed.
- IV sedation is the strongest form of sedation we offer and takes effect immediately.
Take The First Step Toward Fixing Your Smile
If you’d like to repair your smile by replacing your damaged or missing teeth, call Uptown Dental Associates at (505)407-8781 to schedule your dental implant consultation! You can also use our online form to schedule.