If your gums have pulled back, exposing your tooth roots, contact Uptown Dental Associates for an innovative gum recession treatment in Albuquerque, NM called the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique!
Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Ryan Shepherd, will gently reposition your gumline back where it needs to be to improve your appearance and oral health, right here at our Albuquerque, NM dentist office.
Benefits Of The Chao Pinhole® Gum Recession Treatment
Dr. Shepherd on the Pinhole Technique Read Transcript
One of the great procedures for patients who have recessed gum tissue is the Chao Surgical Pinhole Technique, and this is a procedure that allows us to bring the gum tissue back to where it originally was, so it's almost like having a facelift for your gums. Just by making a couple of pinholes in the gum tissue, we're able to move that gum tissue back to where it originally was or to where it ideally should be covering up the roots of the teeth, getting rid of the sensitive spots, ugly brown spots or yellowed roots, all of that can be corrected. And it happens in about an hour appointment in the office. The procedure doesn't have any sutures involved with it. There's no scalpels, no cutting, and there's no harvesting any tissue from the roof of your mouth, so patients love it because it is a virtually painless procedure, and it gives them almost immediate results that are long-lasting and beautiful.
- Speed of treatment: sometimes referred to as the “lunchtime gum lift,” the Chao Pinhole technique can be completed in a single visit!
- More comfortable: Dr. Shepherd will loosen your gumline and gently reposition it over your tooth roots.
- Faster recovery time: many of our patients report little or even no pain the morning following treatment!
The Chao Pinhole® Method Explained
If you need a gum recession treatment in Albuquerque, NM, we will carefully plan your treatment, then Dr. Shepherd will:
- Numb the area so you won’t feel a thing
- Make a small pinhole in your gums above the affected area
- Use a special tool inserted in the pinhole to loosen your gum line
- Gently bring your gumline back where it should be over your tooth roots
We can also improve your experience with comfort options and help relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation!
Potential Causes Of Gum Recession
Untreated, gum recession can affect your oral and overall health. Here are some common contributors to gum recession:
- Gum disease
- Teeth grinding
- Poor oral health habits