Dr. Shepherd on Restorative Dentistry Options Read Transcript
Here in our office we offer some wonderful tooth colored solutions for restoring your teeth. So if you've got a cavity we do composite resins. We also do ceramic inlays and onlays on the teeth if you need something that's a little bit stronger, or slightly larger restoration. If you've got a tooth that is really compromised, we make beautiful ceramic crowns. The ceramic that we use has come a long way over the last many years. Historically where you really had to use gold if you wanted something that was going to hold up for many decades, now we can use ceramic. It is incredibly strong and still incredibly pretty and very lifelike. That actually can also be used for bridges. If you've got a missing tooth, and you've got two teeth that are on either side of it that are in good shape, we can use those as a support to build a bridge to bridge the gap. That's a wonderful way to replace missing teeth.
If you are missing teeth and are looking for a wonderful permanent solution, implants are a fantastic way to restore any missing tooth in the mouth. Every time I place an implant, patients are completely surprised at how simple and painless the procedure is. The nice thing about the implants is that they're a permanent solution, so once that implant is part of the bone, it's there for the rest of your life. It's a great investment, especially if you're on the younger side of life and you're missing a tooth. You can get that replaced and know that it's going to last you for many decades to come.
Ultimately there are a lot of restorative options. Whether it's just a filling or whether it's an implant and a bridge that's being done there, we have plenty of options to look at to help you get your smile back in optimum health.
Say goodbye to damaged or missing teeth – contact Uptown Dental Associates to let our dentists repair your bite and smile with a variety options of restorative dentistry in Albuquerque, NM !
At our Albuquerque, NM dentist office, Dr. Ryan Shepherd and our professional team offer a variety of services to replace or repair problem teeth in your smile!
Your Restorative Dentistry Options
Because every patient’s dental problems are unique, we provide a variety of restorative dentistry services. We will carefully assess your situation, and recommend restorative options to fit your needs, including:
- Dental implants – If you need teeth replaced, dental implants are some of the strongest options available and can be restored with a single tooth replacement all the way up to a full arch of teeth.
- Dental crowns – To help strengthen teeth damaged by decay, trauma, or other issues, we can completely cap your tooth with a same-day crown. We also offer partial crowns, called inlays and onlays.
- Dental bridges – We offer both traditional and fixed implant bridges to replace one or multiple adjacent damaged or missing teeth.
- Dentures – Explore your options for traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures, implant-secured dentures, and partials.
- Root canals – If decay has penetrated your tooth surface and infected the soft tissue within, we will clear out the decay and save your natural tooth.
- Tooth fillings – We can repair cavities without all the unsightly metal, thanks to our tooth-colored fillings.
Regardless of the restorative dentistry treatment you receive, we will do everything we can to make your experience a comfortable one. We can even help relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation!