If your or your child’s wisdom teeth are coming in improperly, contact Uptown Dental Associates today for a gentle procedure on wisdom teeth removal in Albuquerque, NM!
With the help of our caring team, our doctors will get you out of pain and ensure improved oral health.
Common Reasons Wisdom Teeth Need To Be Removed
Dr. Shepherd on In-House Extractions In some cases, wisdom teeth come in without any problems. But in most situations, you will need to have your wisdom teeth extracted. That’s because a lot can go wrong when your wisdom teeth start to come in. Your wisdom teeth can:
- Become impacted, or stuck in your gums
- Come in sideways or crooked
- Threaten your other healthy teeth
You will need to see a professional to determine if your wisdom teeth need to be removed. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact Uptown Dental Associates to find out for sure
- Tender or swollen gums in the back of your jaw
- Pain when chewing with your molars
- Bleeding gums
- Persistent bad taste in your mouth
What To Expect During Your Wisdom Teeth Removal
We will thoroughly explain your procedure before we extract your wisdom teeth so you’ll know exactly what to expect. Then, we will:
- Use digital X-rays and other advanced dental technology to assess your situation and plan your particular treatment
- Ensure your comfort by numbing the area
- Gently remove your wisdom teeth
To speed the healing process, we will also give you advice for taking care of your mouth after you leave our office.