Get a smile that stops people in their tracks. Dental veneers are practically synonymous with the Hollywood Smile — and there’s good reason for this. Few procedures offer results that are as dramatic, transformative, and showstopping. No wonder so many actors and other celebrities choose veneers to make their pearly whites TV and red-carpet ready.
Of course, you don’t have to be famous to want beautiful and flawless teeth. Perhaps yours are blemished and you’re embarrassed to show them. Perhaps you are in a high-profile position that requires the confidence that comes along with a great smile. Perhaps you just want to look your best.
At Uptown Dental Associates, we offer four types of dental veneer right here in our Albuquerque, NM office. Call us at 505-407-8781 to schedule a consultation.
A Star-Studded History
Way back in the 1930s, a Hollywood dentist named Charles Pincus had a difficult task in front of him: he had to make the smiles of movie actors — many of whom had severely decayed and blemished teeth — look close-up ready.
He accomplished this by creating the first veneers. These were designed to be temporary and were removed once filming wrapped up. Decades later, advancements in technology and techniques led to the development of today’s permanent and lifelike veneers.
How Veneers Work
A dental veneer is a thin, enamel-colored shell that is bonded securely to the front of a tooth. You can get a veneer on a single blemished tooth or cover all of them for a truly dazzling appearance. While veneers are primarily thought of as cosmetic, they also strengthen and protect teeth. Here are a few of the flaws that will disappear:
- Minor cosmetic chips and cracks
- Discoloration, even deep stains that chemical whitening can’t help
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor crookedness or alignment issues
With the exception of the prepless variety, veneers require the removal of a small amount of enamel from your teeth to ensure a perfect fit and natural look. They are custom made from precise impressions of your teeth. With proper care, your veneers can last decades!
Your Veneer Options
At Uptown Dental Associates, we offer several types of dental veneer. Dr. Shepherd or Dr. Rasmussen will be happy to discuss the differences between them so you can make an informed decision about which option is best for you.
- Conventional porcelain veneers reflect light just like your real tooth structure, giving them a beautiful and luminous look.
- Ceramic e.max veneers are extremely durable and also give you a natural-looking smile.
- Lumineers are extremely thin, so they require less tooth enamel be removed before placement.
- If you don’t want your teeth to be altered before placement, or would like the option of removing your veneers down the road, our prepless veneers do not require the removal of tooth enamel.
Are you ready to get a stunning smile worthy of the red carpet — right here in Albuquerque, NM? To schedule a consultation and learn more about dental veneers, call Uptown Dental Associates at 505-407-8781. Or submit our online form and we will get back to you quickly.